Delicious, fast, and easy, these vegan blueberry pancakes are both soft & sweet. They truly are the best dairy-free and eggless pancakes!
why we love these vegan blueberry pancakes
I am a HUGE pancake lover. Honest to god… I could eat them for breakfast, brunch, lunch, linner, or dinner. After years of making pancakes nearly every weekend, I’ve perfected this vegan version. Hooray!! These are what I call the Best Badass Berry Pancakes, or the BBB Pancake for short. They’re super tender, slightly sweet, with tons of blueberries!
ingredients for the best vegan blueberry pancakes
This recipe uses a combination of all-purpose and gluten-free flour. I’ve found that when I only use all-purpose flour, my pancakes always tend to turn out, well, a little tough. Maybe that’s because I’m over-ambitious and I overmix the batter. I’m not quite sure, but I know that this combo helps mitigate a tough or chewy texture. I use an inexpensive gluten-free flour blend which I found at Target.
- all purpose flour
- gluten-free flour blend
- baking powder & soda
- coconut sugar or brown sugar
- vegan egg replacer, like Bob’s Red Mill
- vanilla extract
- neutral oil
- non-dairy milk, I like almond or oat milk
- blueberries, fresh or frozen
tips for the best vegan blueberry pancakes
The batter for these is on the thinner side, as far as pancake batters go. This is because I prefer the texture of thinner, almost crepe-like pancakes to big fluffy pancakes. If you prefer fluffier or thicker pancakes use about ¼ cup less of the non-dairy milk to the batter.
Yes, you can sub out the gluten-free flour for all-purpose flour.
I used Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer in this recipe, but you could also use Enger-G Egg Replacer.
Looking for more vegan breakfast ideas?
- Chocolate Almond Butter Granola Clusters
- Just Egg French Toast
- Nutella Baked Oats
- Vegan Buttermilk Belgian Waffles
- Almond Blueberry Biscotti
serving the pancakes
Topped with seasonal fruit like strawberries, bananas, and of course more blueberries, these are truly the best badass berry pancakes. Me and my sweet tooth also like to load these up with a slab of melty vegan butter and a drizzle or two of maple syrup. Delicious, fast, and easy- what more could you want?
Did you make these vegan blueberry pancakes? I’d love to know! Leave a rating and comment below!
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vegan egg replacer
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp of oil
- 1 ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- blueberries fresh or frozen
- Heat a nonstick pan or skillet on medium/low heat with one tablespoon of vegan butter or oil.
- Whisk or mix all of the dry ingredients together in a medium or large bowl. Make a well into the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients together in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. There should be a few clumps.
- When the pan is heated, pour ¼ cup of batter onto the pan. Add 4-5 blueberries on top of the batter. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip and cook the other side for another 2 minutes until golden. Repeat until the rest of the batter has been used.
- Remove from heat and serve with more fresh berries, syrup and vegan butter.
*Store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 310mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Nutritional info is an estimate.