I’m always on the hunt for super easy weeknight meals. One of my go-to easy yet delicious meal hacks is using pre-made simmer sauces from the grocery store. The other day I saw this Pumpkin Curry at Trader Joe’s, and I obviously had to get it! Today I’ll show you the super Easy Vegan Pumpkin & Chick’n Curry that I made with this sauce.
The Simmer Sauce
Like I mentioned above I’m using the pre-made jarred curry sauce from Trader Joe’s. But don’t worry if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you! This recipe can be easily adapted to any pre-made curry sauce you’re able to find at your local grocery store.
You can typically find these simmer sauces in the international foods aisle. Be sure to check the ingredients label as not all of them will be vegan (but a lot are!).
This easy curry is packed with flavor and only has 10 ingredients! It also only takes 35-40 minutes to make, a lot of which is passive simmering time, which makes it amazing for any busy weeknight. I love to make a big pot of this on Sunday and then eat it for dinners with rice throughout the week.
The ingredients are
and Vegan Chick’ns
This curry is creamy, cozy, packed with flavor, and healthy! It’s all-around a perfect meal to curl up on the couch with at the end of a long day.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 7 oz coconut milk
- ¾ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup diced vegan chick’ns, I used Morningstar Brand
- 1 jar of Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Curry Sauce, or another premade jarred curry simmer sauce
- In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Saute until translucent about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, pepper, coconut milk, and cherry tomatoes. Add the jar of Pumpkin Curry (or another type of jarred simmer sauce). Stir the mixture until all the ingredients are well distributed in the curry.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes on low. The vegetables should be soft and tender.
- Add the diced vegan chick’ns to the curry and stir to combine.
- Serve over rice.
Looking for some more easy dinner ideas?
Try out these recipes!