These Vegan Espresso Cookies are soft, infused with bold coffee flavor, and have just the right touch of sweetness from vegan white chocolate chips.
Who else is a coffee lover?? Since I’m a huge coffee fan, I always gravitate toward any dessert that is coffee or espresso flavored. Well, I’m also a huge cookie fan…so naturally, I wanted to combine coffee and cookies together!
vegan white chocolate
I recently ordered these non-dairy white chocolate chips which are completely vegan and use real cocoa butter. Some accidentally vegan white chocolate chips don’t use cocoa butter, meaning they’re essentially just sugar and vanilla.
Since going vegan nearly a decade ago, these were the first white chocolate chips I’ve tried. And let me tell you… they have such great flavor! These white chocolate chips are perfect paired with coffee or espresso flavor. It’s like adding a bit of cream to your cup of coffee. They make these cookies taste like a good cappuccino or latte.
the cookie ingredients
These espresso cookies only take a few minutes to make, can be made in one bowl, and use only a few ingredients. They are:
- Flax Seed
- Vegan Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Instant Coffee
- Baking Soda
- Vegan White Chocolate Chips
These vegan espresso white chocolate cookies are so soft with a just-baked interior. The white chocolate chips are perfectly gooey right out of the oven, making these cookies taste like a sweet cappuccino. They’re rich, thick, and have a bold coffee flavor with each bite…perfect for any coffee lover!
Looking for more scrumptious vegan cookie recipes?
- Classic Vegan Snickerdoodles
- Toasted Coconut and Cherry Cookies
- Vegan Caramel Delites
- The Best Vegan Moon Pies
- Vegan Peppermint Mocha Cookies
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to know! Leave a rating and comment below!
- 1 ½ flax eggs, 1 ½ tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 4 tbsp water
- ½ cup vegan butter , salted and softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp instant coffee or instant espresso
- ⅔ cup vegan white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine the softened vegan butter, brown sugar, and flax egg. Mix them together until the mixture lightens slightly in color. Add the vanilla extract to the mixture.
- On top of the butter mixture, add the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and instant coffee. Sift the dry ingredients together with a fork.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together until they form a soft dough. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Roll 2 tbsp of dough together into a ball. Place the balls of dough on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool. The cookies will spread a bit as they cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is an estimate.
DISCLAIMER: Links included in this post might be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting my blog, so I can continue to provide you with free content each week!