If you’ve ever had apple cake, then you’ll love this Vegan Italian Pear Almond Cake! This soft cake is infused with a nutty almond flavor. It also has just the right amount of sweetness from the pears.
This cake is perfect for the fall, winter, and Christmas time. It’s slightly sweet so it works well as a sweeter breakfast paired with bold coffee. Or when topped with powdered sugar, this vegan pear almond cake is a delicious dessert.
The core ingredients that make this recipe vegan and add to its unique flavor are:
What Type of Pears Should I Use?
For baking, Bosc or Anjou are best because they keep their shape nicely. In this recipe, I actually used Asian pears since that’s what I had on hand. They also kept their shape well after being baked. Asian pears have a very similar crunch and texture as apples, so they worked very well in this application! For more info on different types of pears and when to use them, check out this informative article by The Spruce Eats.
What Type of Pan Should I Use?
For this cake, a 9-inch springform pan is best. I use this pan by Calphalon which is nonstick and releases the cake perfectly. A springform pan allows you to release the entire cake easily from the pan. Before adding the batter to the pan, you’ll want to grease the pan with oil or butter and line the bottom with parchment paper.
This fluffy, sweet Vegan Italian Pear Almond Cake is infused with a nutty almond flavor and topped with in-season sliced pears. This is the perfect cake to nibble on in the morning with a cup of coffee or to eat in the evening with a nightcap.
If you’re in the mood for more flavorful baked goods, check out these recipes!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to know! Leave a comment and rating below!
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) vegan butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer, mixed with 6 tablespoons water
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup superfine almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup +2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 ripe yet firm pears
- Sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer and water. Set aside to thicken for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat together the softened vegan butter and sugar until lighter in color and airy. Mix in the egg replacer, almond extract, and vanilla extract.
- On top of the wet ingredients, add the flour, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Use a fork to sift the dry ingredients and then fold the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Add in ¼ cup almond milk. The batter should be quite thick, but if the batter isn't pourable, add the remaining 2 tbsp of almond milk.
- Prepare your 9" springform pan by greasing it and lining the bottom with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Top with the sliced pears and sliced almonds.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool. Top with sifted powdered sugar.
This recipe is an adaptation from Natasha's Kitchen's non-vegan Almond Cake recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 3g
Nutritional info is an estimate.
Disclosure: This page contains some affiliate links. Please know that I may receive a percentage or commission from a link included on this page, at no cost to you. I will only recommend a product or service that I have used or believe has substantial value to my readers.