This easy vegan white pizza is topped with roasted garlic, thinly sliced potatoes, fresh basil and a drizzle of vegan hot honey!
The base is tomato free, and is made from a dairy free, creamy white sauce and vegan mozzarella cheese. This delicious pizza is packed with flavor and has the best crispy, golden brown crust- perfect for a weeknight dinner or a date night!
Why you’ll love this vegan white pizza
- quick and easy: ready in under an hour for a perfect for a homemade pizza night!
- crispy and chewy pizza crust: made with this homemade pizza crust recipe for the best texture.
- super creamy dairy-free white sauce: this recipe uses a homemade vegan white sauce with no cashews as the pizza base.
- flavor-packed: garlic, basil, and vegan hot honey create tons of flavor in each bite.
What is white pizza?
White pizza or Pizza Bianca uses a béchamel or cream sauce in place of the red tomato sauce and it’s topped off with white cheeses.
Today we’re using simple ingredients in this vegan white pizza recipe:
- Vegan White Pizza Sauce or Béchamel: made with melted vegan butter and oat milk for the BEST creamy texture.
- Homemade Pizza Dough: this pizza crust is chewy yet crispy with a soft interior.
- Vegan Mozzarella Shreds: see below for my favorite brands!
- Yukon Gold Potatoes: thinly slice these potatoes for the best vegan potato pizza.
- Garlic: roasted garlic creates punchy flavor in each bite.
- Fresh Basil: or you could use other fresh herbs of choice.
- Vegan Hot ‘Honey’: the added sweetness and spice make this recipe irresistible.
The Best Vegan Cheese:
This recipe uses vegan mozzarella shreds but you could also use vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast. Below are some of my favorite vegan cheese brands for this recipe!
- Trader Joe’s Vegan Mozzarella Shreds: This is what I used in this recipe. I love Trader Joe’s vegan cheese. It’s affordable and works great in dishes where the cheese will be melted.
- Daiya Cutting Board Mozzarella Shreds: Daiya often gets a bad wrap for having a very distinctive taste. BUT they’ve modified their recipe over the years and came out with the Cutting Board Collection. So if you haven’t tried them recently you should try them out again. Daiya is the brand that often goes on sale the most at my local big-box grocery store making it the most affordable option for me.
- Field Roast Chao Cheese Shreds: Chao just came out with their shredded vegan cheese and I’m all about it! It’s on the pricier side, but for good reason. I’ve found that Chao cheeses melt beautifully!
other topping ideas for pizza bianca:
- Artichoke hearts
- Pears or Apples
- Shallots or Red Onion
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Balsamic Vinegar or Glaze
- Caramelized Onions
- Arugula or Fresh Spinach
- Sliced Olives
- Vegan Parmesan or Vegan Ricotta
- Vegan sausage
- Vegan Bacon
- Nutritional Yeast
- Pizza Stone, Pizza Pan or Baking Sheet
- Pizza Cutter: to slice the pizza
- Pizza Peel: optional but helps to remove the pizza if using a pizza stone
*Video tutorial is in the recipe card below!*
STEP 1: Prep the homemade vegan pizza dough according to this recipe.
STEP 2: While you let the dough rise in a warm place, prep the vegan white sauce according to this recipe.
STEP 3: Prep the topping ingredients by mincing the garlic, and thinly slicing the potatoes and mushrooms.
STEP 4: Preheat the oven and assemble the pizza! Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil on a baking sheet and shape the dough into a circle, oval or rectangle.
STEP 5: Spread a layer of white sauce on the dough, leaving a border along the edges. And sprinkle on the vegan mozzarella. These two ingredients make up the pizza base.
STEP 6: Layer on the garlic, potato, mushrooms, salt & pepper, and red pepper flakes.
STEP 7: Brush olive oil on the edges of the dough. This helps create a golden brown crust.
STEP 8: Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown! When done baking, top with the fresh basil and vegan hot honey.
What to Serve with this white pizza
This vegan garlic and potato pizza would pair so well with the following:
- Vegan Caesar Salad with Blackened “Chicken”
- Vegan Rose or White Wine
In the Fridge:
Store the cooked pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
In the Freezer:
This pizza is best served fresh (the basil will wilt if frozen), so I don’t recommend freezing it.
- Store Bought Vegan Pizza Dough: stop by your local store and see if they carry vegan pizza dough that you can use instead of making your own.
- Trader Joe’s: I love TJ’s regular pizza dough and their garlic herb dough!
- Pillsbury Classic Pizza Dough: this pizza dough is accidentally vegan and available at most grocery stores.
- Vegan White Sauce: I’m using a homemade dairy-free béchamel as the base, however, you could use a cashew cream instead.
- This recipe uses oat milk to get a super creamy texture, but you could use almond milk or soy milk.
- Bake at a high heat and preheat the oven: a hot surface and oven create a crispy exterior but soft interior.
- Make homemade vegan white sauce if possible: this dairy-free sauce yields a thick, luscious, creamy texture.
- Season the pizza to taste: add more salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, or vegan hot honey as needed!
Is vegan white pizza healthy?
Because white pizza uses a cream sauce as the base, it does contain more calories than pizza with red sauce. However, this vegan version is free from cholesterol since it doesn’t use any dairy or meat.
Can I use other toppings?
Yes, feel free to sub in any toppings you’d like. I’ve included a list of topping ideas for this vegan white pizza in the post above.
What is white pizza sauce made from?
This vegan white sauce is made from homemade béchamel. It uses plant based butter (or olive oil), flour, and plant milk to create a creamy white sauce. The sauce can be flavored however you like. I’ve created Basil White Sauce (like in my Basil Béchamel Lasagna Recipe) and I’ve created cheesy Alfredo sauces before with this recipe as a base.
More Vegan Pizza Recipes:
- Squash & ‘Bacon’ Pizza
- Vegan BBQ Chicken Pizza with Caramelized Onions
- Grilled Flatbread Pizza with Peaches
- Vegan Buffalo Pizza
Recipe & Video
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to know! Leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating and comment below!
Want to Save this Recipe for Later? Pin it to Pinterest!
Disclosure: This page contains some affiliate links. Please know that I may receive a percentage or commission from a link included on this page, at no cost to you. I will only recommend a product or service that I have used or believe has substantial value to my readers.