This Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso is creamy, cold, and a bit sweet with the best homemade apple-flavored syrup. This iced coffee is Starbucks inspired, taking their Apple Crisp syrup and combining it with their brown sugar shaken espresso. With warm cinnamon and apple flavors, it’s the perfect cozy fall drink for autumn!
Why You’ll Love This Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
This recipe will take you through the process of crafting the perfect apple crisp shaken espresso right in the comfort of your own home. Here are a few reasons why you’ll love this recipe:
- Starbucks at Home – Inspired by the classic flavors of Starbucks, you can make your own apple crisp oat milk shaken espresso and save a trip to the coffee shop.
- Creamy and Sweet – Full-fat oat milk mixed with a homemade apple crisp syrup creates a rich and creamy taste.
- Homemade Flavor – The DIY Spiced Apple Crisp Syrup adds a unique touch.
- Simple to Make – No complicated steps here! Just a few basic ingredients bring this drink to life.
- Easily Customizable – Want it sweeter or creamier? This recipe can be personalized to your liking. Add extra cinnamon or drizzle more syrup as you please!
Starbucks Fall Menu
Exciting news for Starbucks lovers! The Starbucks fall menu for this year was released and this drink is on the menu. Naturally, I wanted to create my version!
I’ve been on a Starbucks-inspired journey, with last year’s Starbucks Copycat Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato and the year before’s Pumpkin Spice Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso. Stay tuned for more delicious recreations like this Gingerbread Latte and this Hazelnut Oatmilk Shaken Espresso!
This recipe includes an easy homemade coffee syrup that uses just 4 ingredients!
Here’s what you’ll need for the syrup and the espresso:
- Brown Sugar – Packed light or dark brown sugar adds a caramelized sweetness to the syrup.
- Cinnamon – Two cinnamon sticks or ground cinnamon infuse the syrup with warmth and spice.
- Apple Juice or Concentrate – This creates the signature apple flavor of your apple crisp oat milk coffee.
- Vanilla Extract – A touch of pure vanilla extract enhances the rich flavors.
- Blonde Espresso – A double shot of blonde espresso gives the drink its bold and robust character.
- Ice Cubes – Essential for that cool, refreshing experience.
- Oat Milk – Full-fat oat milk gives the drink its creamy, delightful texture.
- Cinnamon – Ground cinnamon can replace cinnamon sticks for the same warm notes. You may want to strain the syrup through a fine sieve to remove any spice granules. You could also use apple pie spice instead of cinnamon if you’d like.
- Espresso – Other types of espresso or strong coffee can be used if blonde espresso isn’t available. You could use cold brew too, but keep in mind espresso will make it taste more like a Starbucks drink.
- Oat Milk – Feel free to use your favorite milk instead. I prefer oat milk and soy milk in this drink because they’re both very creamy, but you could use almond milk or coconut milk for a different flavor.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Small pot or saucepan – for the apple crisp syrup
- Airtight container or jar– for storing the syrup
- Sealable jar – for shaking
- Drinking glass – for serving
Step By Step Instructions
Exact quantities are in the recipe card below!
To Make the Apple Crisp Syrup:
STEP 1: Whisk together the brown sugar, apple juice or juice concentrate, cinnamon sticks, and pinch of salt in a small saucepan.
STEP 2: Simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don’t let the syrup boil. The syrup should begin to thicken.
STEP 3: Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract. Let cool completely at room temperature. The syrup will continue to thicken as it cools.
To Make the Shaken Espresso:
STEP 4: In the sealable jar, add 1 double shot of freshly brewed espresso and about 1 tablespoon of the apple crisp syrup.
STEP 5: Add 4-5 cubes of ice, place the lid on the jar, and shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds.
STEP 6: Pour the espresso and syrup mixture into your drinking glass (being sure not to add the ice cubes).
STEP 7: Add fresh ice cubes to the espresso mixture, pour the oat milk, and dust with cinnamon. Enjoy your homemade apple crisp shaken espresso!
This apple crisp shaken espresso is the perfect fall treat. Serve it cold with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
Its warm cinnamon and delicious apple flavors make it an ideal drink for a cozy fall day or relaxing afternoon (especially paired with a warm breakfast pastry)!
The apple crisp syrup can be stored in a sterilized, airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to a week.
The shaken espresso is best enjoyed immediately.
- For the best flavor: Use fresh brewed espresso and a high quality apple juice you like the flavor of.
- Customize to your liking: Adjust the oat milk, ice and sweetness levels to taste.
- Keep an eye on the syrup as it simmers: This will prevent over-thickening or burning.
- Let the syrup cool: Let the apple syrup cool completely at room temperature before storing it in the fridge. This will help prevent crystallization.
Yes, but using oat milk gives it that special creamy texture.
It can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week.
Did you make this Apple Crisp Oat milk Shaken Espresso recipe?
⭐️ I’d love to know! Leave a star rating and comment below! ⭐️
Want to Save this Recipe for Later? Pin it to Pinterest!
DISCLAIMER: Links included in this post might be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting my blog so I can continue to provide you with free content each week!