Happy Halloween everyone! Today, I’m super excited to share these delicious Vegan White Chocolate Covered Pretzels with Pumpkin Spice Caramel.
I’ve been craving yogurt covered pretzels for the past few months and these white chocolate pretzels taste just like them. Add a drizzle of dark chocolate and pumpkin spice caramel and these are the perfect Fall treat!
These pretzels are pretty straight forward, but they do have a unique twist with the non-dairy pumpkin spice caramel drizzled on top. The first step in making these chocolate covered pretzels is melting the white chocolate. Vegan white chocolate can be a little difficult to find in person, so I ordered mine online. Today I’m using King David’s White Chocolate Chips. They’re completely non-dairy and vegan, plus they use real cocoa butter, unlike some other brands!
Melting the Chocolate
You can melt your chocolate with a double boiler, or if you’d like, in the microwave. If you’re using a double boiler, you’ll place a small saucepan with about 2 inches of water on low heat. Next, you’ll place a bowl with the chocolate in it that is large enough to sit on top of the saucepan without touching the water on top. You’ll continue simmering the water on low heat until the chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally.
You can also totally melt the chocolate in the microwave if you’d like! You’ll just want to be careful that it doesn’t burn. To do this, add the chocolate chips to a medium-sized bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes. You’ll want to stop every 30 seconds to give the chocolate a stir.
After melting the chocolate, you can dunk the pretzels in the white chocolate, covering them completely on all sides. Then, transfer the coated pretzels onto a parchment-lined baking pan and pop them in the freezer to set up before drizzling dark chocolate and caramel on top!
Pumpkin Spice Caramel
To make the pumpkin spice caramel sauce, you’ll combine vegan butter, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice together in a small saucepan. Then, you’ll whisk the mixture over low heat until it begins to simmer. As the mixture simmers for a few minutes, continue whisking it to prevent it from burning. The sauce should begin to thicken after 2 minutes, and then you can remove it from the heat.
Because you’ll need to drizzle this sauce on the pretzels, the mixture should still be a pourable consistency. Let this caramel cool completely before drizzling it on top of the pretzels or it could melt the chocolate coating! After you top the pretzels with the caramel and dark chocolate, they’ll need to set up again in the fridge or freezer. I prefer to store mine in the freezer because it helps the caramel stay the most firm, which means less mess when eating them!
If you’re looking for other fun Fall-themed desserts, check out some of these recipes:
These sweet and spiced vegan white chocolate covered pretzels with pumpkin spice caramel would be the hit of any party! They’re fun, finger foods with a fall twist.
~ Happing cooking! ~
- 1 ½ cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 2 cups pretzels
- ½ cup vegan dark chocolate chips, optional
Pumpkin Spice Caramel
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Pumpkin Spice Caramel
- In a small saucepan, melt the caramel ingredients on low heat. Whisk and bring to a simmer.
- Let simmer for 2 mins until it begins to thicken slightly. Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl. Let cool completely.
Melt the White Chocolate
- Using a double boiler melt the white chocolate chips. Fill a small saucepan with 2 inches of water and place a medium-sized bowl on top of it. Then bring the water to a simmer. Pour the white chocolate chips into the bowl, and stir them for a few minutes until melted.
- Pour or dunk the pretzels into the white chocolate about ½ cup at a time, gently stirring them until completely coated with chocolate.
- Place the coated pretzels onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with all the pretzels.
- Place the coated pretzels into the freezer for 20 minutes or into the fridge for an hour to set. The white chocolate should be completely set up before drizzling any dark chocolate or caramel on top.
Drizzle with Dark Chocolate & Caramel
- Once the white chocolate is set, melt the dark chocolate with the double boiler. Once melted, use a fork to drizzle the dark chocolate over the pretzels.
- Drizzle the pumpkin spice caramel ontop.
- Place back into the freezer for 20 minutes to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
Nutritional info is an estimate.
DISCLAIMER: Links included in this post might be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting my blog so I can continue to provide you with free content each week!