These birthday cake overnight oats are sweet, creamy, and taste just like cake batter! Blend up these funfetti oats for an even creamier texture and top them with lots of sprinkles, whipped cream and a white chocolate shell for a fun yet healthy morning treat.
Why you’ll love these birthday cake overnight oats
- Sweet, Creamy, Vanilla Birthday Cake Flavor: use creamy oat milk and cake batter extract to make the BEST overnight oats recipe.
- 3 Minute Prep Time: quick and easy, perfect for meal prep or a make ahead breakfast.
- Dairy Free and Vegan: these cake batter overnight oats don’t use any dairy or eggs!
You only need a handful of simple ingredients to make these overnight oats and they are:
- Old Fashioned Oats: or quick oats
- Dairy Free Milk: like unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk
- Pure Maple Syrup: for sweetness
- Pure Vanilla Extract: for aromatic vanilla flavor
- Cake Batter Extract: this is essential for the cake batter flavor- don’t skip this ingredient! You can order it online and it’s available in most grocery stores.
For Toppings You’ll Need:
- Rainbow Sprinkles: use vegan sprinkles to keep the recipe plant based
- Dairy Free White Chocolate Chips: this is optional if you’d like to make a white chocolate magic shell
- Coconut Whipped Cream: for topping the next morning
- Maple Syrup: feel free to use your sweetener of choice in these overnight oats. Maple syrup adds a nice flavor but you could also use agave nectar, cane sugar, stevia, coconut sugar, or one of the options listed in this post.
- Dairy Free Milk: sub 1/4 cup of dairy free milk for 1/4 cup of vegan greek yogurt. This creates an even thicker texture (plus it adds some protein).
- Cake Batter Extract: I don’t recommend subbing out the cake batter extract, but if you’re in a pinch, your best bet is to use one or a combination of the following:
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract + ¼ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp butter extract
- Chia Seeds: 1 tbsp of chia seeds helps add protein and healthy fats
- Nut Butter: add in a spoon full of cashew butter or almond butter for flavor
- Cookie Butter: a scoop of Biscoff cookie butter would be delicious
- Protein Powder: add in your favorite protein powder. I recommend using unsweetened and unflavored powder.
- Cocoa powder: 1 tbsp of cocoa powder will make chocolate cake batter oats!
The best vegan white chocolate
I’ve tried a few different vegan white chocolate brands over the past few years and so far my favorite is by King David. I order this white chocolate online in bulk for the best price. Below are a few of the products I’ve used in this recipe:
- White Chocolate Baking Wafers: these don’t have cocoa butter in them, but they do melt much easier than the white chocolate chips below.
- White Chocolate Chips: these chips do have real cocoa butter unlike a lot of other vegan white chocolate chips on the market
- Small Mason Jars or another Airtight Container
- Blender or Food Processor: optional, to create a finer texture
Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: In a mason jar or sealable container, mix together the oats, plant milk, syrup, vanilla extract, and cake batter extract.
📌 Note: For a finer texture, blend the ingredients and transfer them back to the mason jar.
STEP 2: Seal the jar and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
How to Serve the Funfetti Oats
STEP 3: In the morning, mix in the colorful sprinkles.
STEP 4: Melt the white chocolate in the microwave and pour on top. Wait for about 5 minutes for the chocolate shell to set on the cold oats, or enjoy immediately.
STEP 5: You can also top with coconut whipped cream instead of white chocolate.
Other Topping Ideas:
- Almond Butter
- Chopped Nuts like Pecans
- Coconut Milk or Oat Milk
Keep these funfetti overnight oats in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you’d like to heat up the oats prior to eating them, microwave them on high for 1 minute.
Add extra dairy free milk as needed to thin out the oats. Then, top with as many toppings as you’d like
- Don’t Skip the Cake Batter Extract: this is what will give the oatmeal it’s convincing birthday cake flavor
- Add as Many Sprinkles as You’d Like: we eat with our eyes, so add as many colorful sprinkles as you’d like
- Blend the Oats for a Creamier Texture: prior to letting them set overnight, blend all the ingredients to create an even creamier texture!
You can order vegan friendly sprinkles online! Most health food stores will also carry vegan sprinkles. Watch out for confectioner’s glaze in the ingredients list, as that’s what makes them not vegan!
Yes! You can microwave the oats if you’re not a fan of cold oatmeal. Heat the oats prior to adding any sprinkles or toppings. You may need to add a splash of dairy free milk since heating them will also thicken them some more.
Looking for more Vegan Breakfast recipes?
Did you make this birthday cake overnight oatmeal recipe?
I’d love to know! Leave a star rating and comment below!
- ½ cup Old Fashioned Oats
- ¾ cup Dairy Free Milk, like unsweetened almond milk or oat milk
- 1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- ⅛ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp McCormick Cake Batter Extract, highly recommend- this makes the oats taste exactly like birthday cake
Toppings & Add Ins:
- 1 tbsp rainbow sprinkles, vegan
- 1 tbsp dairy free white chocolate chips, for a white chocolate magic shell
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- In a mason jar or sealable container, mix together the oats, plant milk, syrup, vanilla extract, and cake batter extract. For a finer texture, blend the ingredients and transfer back to the jar. Taste the oats and add any extra cake batter extract to your liking.
- Seal the jar and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- In the morning, mix in the sprinkles.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave and pour on top. Place back in the fridge for 5 minutes for the chocolate shell to set, or enjoy immediately.
- You can also top with coconut whipped cream instead of white chocolate.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Protein: 6g
Want to Save this Recipe for Later? Pin it to Pinterest!
DISCLAIMER: Links included in this post might be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting my blog, so I can continue to provide you with free content each week!