These easy vegan no bake mini cheesecakes have a buttery graham cracker crust and a sweet yet tangy taste from the combination of dairy-free cream cheese and lemon. The addition of coconut cream/milk creates a silky smooth, creamy texture that will leave you wanting more. Top these cheesecake bites with fresh berries or pie filling for a delightful cold, Spring or Summer treat!
Why You’ll Love These No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes
These no-bake mini cheesecakes are so easy to make and are just as delicious as baked traditional cheesecake (no water bath needed!)! With only 7 ingredients and 15 minutes of prep time, they’re easily becoming one of my favorite desserts to make. I’ve been a huge fan of no bake desserts for summer recently. Along with these cheesecakes, I’ve made this Banana Split Pie which is also super easy!
Here are a few more reasons why you’ll love this recipe:
- Tangy and sweet: The combination of dairy-free cream cheese and lemon gives these cheesecakes an authentic, tangy, and sweet flavor that you’ll love.
- Smooth texture: The addition of coconut cream or milk creates an irresistibly silky smooth texture that’s simply delightful.
- 15 minute prep time: With a handful of simple ingredients and no baking required, these cheesecakes are quick and easy to make.
- Perfect for gatherings: These individual no-bake cheesecakes are an excellent choice for parties or get-togethers, and they look picture-perfect when topped with fresh fruit or pie filling!
- Versatile topping options: Feel free to get creative with the toppings – you can use fresh fruit, pie filling, chocolate ganache, or anything else you’d like!
You can whip up these simple mini cheesecakes in no time with just a few simple ingredients. Lots of traditional no-bake cheesecakes use sour cream to create a tangy taste and smooth texture. This dairy free recipe uses coconut cream plus extra lemon juice instead! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Graham crackers: these form the crust. Regular or gluten-free options work well.
- Salted vegan butter: helps bind the crust together and adds flavor. Make sure it’s melted.
- Vegan cream cheese: the star ingredient for the filling, which gives it that authentic cheesecake taste. I used Trader Joe’s Vegan Cream Cheese.
- Coconut cream or milk: adds a creamy, smooth texture to the filling. Choose full-fat options for the best results. Coconut cream creates a firmer texture, but this recipe has been tested with full fat coconut milk too!
- Lemon: this recipe uses both juice and zest. Lemon brings a tangy kick to the filling.
- Sugar: adds just the right amount of sweetness to the crust and filling.
- Vanilla Extract: enhances the flavor of the filling. Use high-quality vanilla for the best taste.
- Toppings: sliced strawberries, blueberries, or pre-made pie filling to add a burst of color and flavor.
If you need to make any substitutions, here are a few suggestions:
- Graham Crackers: swap out the graham crackers for gluten-free graham crackers if you need a gluten-free crust. Or you can even use Golden Oreo Cookies or Biscoff Cookies (be sure to omit the sugar in the crust if using a sweetened cookie!)
- Vegan Butter: you can use melted coconut oil in the crust instead of salted dairy-free butter. Be sure to add a pinch of salt!
- Sugar: feel free to use your preferred granulated sweetener in place of sugar. Brown sugar can be substituted for regular cane sugar for a richer flavor.
Here are some useful tools that will make the process of preparing these no bake cheesecake cups a breeze:
- Food processor
- Muffin tin or muffin pan
- Cupcake liners
Now that we have all our ingredients and equipment ready, let’s start making these easy dairy-free mini cheesecakes!
Make the Graham Cracker Crust
STEP 1: Line the muffin tin with paper liners. Pulse the graham crackers in the food processor with the sugar until they are fine crumbs.
STEP 2: Add the melted butter and pulse until the mixture forms a sandy texture.
STEP 3: Make the mini graham cracker crusts. Press the graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of the cupcake liners placed in a muffin tin, creating an even layer for each mini cheesecake.
📌 TIP: While this tip does require some baking, it’s completely optional! If you prefer a crisper crust, bake the crust now for just 5 minutes at 350°F. The unbaked crusts still hold together well!
STEP 4: Wipe down the food processor to remove any remaining crust crumbs.
How to Make the No-Bake Cheesecake Filling
STEP 5: In the same food processor, combine the vegan softened cream cheese, coconut cream or milk, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla.
STEP 6: Process the cream cheese mixture until smooth.
📌 TIP: Scrape the sides of the food processor bowl as needed with a rubber spatula.
STEP 7: Spoon the cheesecake batter over the crust in the muffin cups, smoothing it out evenly. Use a cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop for extra ease!
STEP 8: Refrigerate the no bake cheesecake bites for 3-4 hours, or until set. OR place them in the freezer to set for 1-2 hours.
When you’re ready to serve these vegan mini cheesecakes, remove them from the fridge and carefully take them out of the muffin tin. Top each one with sliced strawberries, blueberries, or pre-made pie filling for an extra touch of sweetness!
Get creative with the toppings and flavor combinations to make each mini cheesecake unique! Here are some of my favorite toppings to get you started:
- Sliced strawberries and a drizzle of dairy free chocolate ganache
- Blueberries with a dollop of coconut whipped cream that’s been whipped into stiff peaks
- Raspberry and lemon curd swirl
- Mango and passion fruit compote
- Melted Biscoff cookie butter and Biscoff crumbs
- Cherry pie filling with a sprinkle of crushed nuts or graham crackers
- Coconut caramel sauce and toasted coconut flakes
The possibilities are endless, so have fun experimenting with your favorite flavors!
If you plan on chilling or setting the mini cheesecakes longer than 3-4 hours in the fridge, be sure to cover the pan with plastic wrap. This will ensure they don’t absorb any flavors in your fridge or take on a stale taste!
Keep any leftover individual cheesecakes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you prefer, you can freeze them for up to 2 months. Just make sure to let them thaw in the fridge before enjoying them. You can also let them thaw at room temperature for about 1 hour.
Here are a few helpful tips to make your no bake cheesecake bites even more perfect:
- Make sure your vegan cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing for a smoother filling.
- Taste the filling after blending it in the food processor. Add more fresh lemon juice or lemon zest to taste!
- If you’d like a crisper crust, bake it at 350°F for 5 minutes and let it cool for 10 minutes before adding the filling.
- If you’re short on time, you can set the cheesecakes in the freezer for 1-2 hours instead of refrigerating them for 3-4 hours.
Absolutely! Feel free to swap out the graham cracker crust for a crust made with crushed cookies or nuts. Use regular Oreo Cookies for a chocolate crust or Golden Oreos! You can even use crush Biscoff cookies. If using cookies, omit the added sugar in the crust.
Yes, simply use gluten-free graham crackers for the crust, and ensure all other ingredients are gluten-free as well.
You can certainly adapt the recipe for a full-size cheesecake. Just be sure to adjust the crust and filling quantities accordingly, and allow for a longer setting time in the fridge, or let it set in the freezer for the best results.
Yes, you can swap the dairy-free cream cheese with an equal amount of regular dairy cream cheese, if you don’t need a vegan option. The texture and taste should be very similar.
More no Bake Desserts and Dairy Free treats:
Did you make this no bake mini cheesecake recipe?
I’d love to know! Leave a star rating and comment below!
Want to Save this Recipe for Later? Pin it to Pinterest!
DISCLAIMER: Links included in this post might be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting my blog so I can continue to provide you with free content each week!